Thursday, October 2, 2008

Music and Metal, yea mon'



It started with the art show I did in Sayville, LI this summer...awesome music lover Alex Diana stopped by, purchased rings, one to be custom designed. On a visit to my studio he brought me music! Never heard of Michael Franti before in my life and now, I am a huge (no not OD'ing on chocolate) fan and just purchased the New CD' All Rebel Rockers'. http://www.fan2band.com/home.php?artist_id=449 Now I am designing with his music around me. Awesome...check out designs I made with this awesome music in my ears. The Band is on tour right now, check my sidebar for info.

The ring is named "Grace" and feature a conflict-free rough diamond cube set in a ring made out of recycled bronze. The peace pendant...like Michael Franti sings: 'you can bomb the world to pieces but you cannot bomb the world to peace" yea mon'. A beautiful 1.5" long and 0.5" wide bronze pendant for a man or a woman. Nice mixture of smooth and rugged texture. The word PEACE is stamped on the front along with peace-signs that I carved by hand. The back is blank.

Also, a plug for Modish a great blog on all things handmade http://www.modishblog.com/modish/contact.html
This weekend I am happily buzzing around, two shows...Bridgehampton Saturday and here in Sea Cliff Sunday so tomorrow I have a major overhaul of myself and packaging and labeling o get ready...anti-rain dances, please everyone:D

No comments: